Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Should I select intel analyst for what I want to do outside of the military?

I was always set on joining the military throughout my life. I've done all my research, narrowed down the branches, thought I wanted to do aviation before, crossed that off, but now I'm still so eager to do it all that I cannot select an MOS. I recently took my ASVAB and got a 94 on the AFQT. I had my mind deadset on enlisting reserves, getting my degree in college, then going active. I wanted to do something like MP through college so I'd have a combat type MOS and then I wanted to become a ranger once i graduated. (Considered and still considering ROTC halfway through my college while still being enlisted, direct commission out of college, or going to warrant officer school). Problem is now my brother opened my eyes to the whole intel side of the army. This actually really interests me (kinda frustrating since i thought i finally knew what i wanted). The mos 35f intel analyst really caught my eye with the top security clearance, which would really open up an opportunity to a government job if obtained, and all the problem solving and analysis that I enjoy. But this also has the drawback of no real combat type duties which I want. Is there a way I could find a good mix of both intel and infantry type? Or maybe be certified with both specialties? I'd love to work for the CIA as either an intel analyst or agent or the NSA as just an analyst. Becoming a ranger or sf is still something I Want to do. But the intel side is really tugging at my side to see what it has to offer. I know these are high aspirations but I know that I can perform with these duties and will try harder than anyone. So please no bashing. Hypothetically speaking ';how would one be able to do these things?';Should I select intel analyst for what I want to do outside of the military?
just do the intel first and if you decide to continue after your first term you can switch to a combat role. if you choose infantry or mp first and you find out it sucks and don't want to reenlist you will have no top secret clearance and shitty work for x yearsShould I select intel analyst for what I want to do outside of the military?
Look into 35M, 35N, 35P as well. You will need a degree to work for most intel agencies, so work on that while you are at it. The military's language school is a good option if you're at all interested. Government agencies like language proficiency, and DLI is about as intensive as a language program gets, short of being dropped in country with nothing but a dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment