Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baking School?

Hi,

I am looking at going to cooking school when i graduate. I was mainly interested in CIA. I would go with an emphasis on Pastry Arts because I love baking and I have always dreamed of opening a bakery. The only thing is that its far and expensive. Also, the CIA name is good for getting jobs, but I want to open my own shop, so how useful would a prestigious school be to me? What do you recommend? Would you recommend a different baking school or not? Do you think that I should even go to a baking school, or should I focus on the business aspect? Should i take business or like hospitality courses?

Thanks!Baking School?
I think you will have more job options and better pay if you go for the business aspect of it. I think you should go to a four-year university and major in business or hospitality management. You can take those cooking classes at any point in your life.... it doesn't take a long time to earn a cooking degree, and if you're truly talented in such a field, you may not even need to go for a degree in baking. You will definitely have better skills to manage your own bakery, have more job options if you change your mind, and have better pay if you go for a business or business-related degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment