Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baking School?

Hi,

I am looking at going to cooking school when i graduate. I was mainly interested in CIA. I would go with an emphasis on Pastry Arts because I love baking and I have always dreamed of opening a bakery. The only thing is that its far and expensive. Also, the CIA name is good for getting jobs, but I want to open my own shop, so how useful would a prestigious school be to me? What do you recommend? Would you recommend a different baking school or not? Do you think that I should even go to a baking school, or should I focus on the business aspect? Should i take business or like hospitality courses?

Thanks!Baking School?
I was actually in you're exact position about 4 months ago. I got accepted to both the CIA and Johnson %26amp; Wales and I thought the same thing you are thinking; I want to open my own bakery someday so would I really need the CIA as a credential? So I decided to do JWU and moved to North Carolina (scehduled to start this fall). But then I got to thinking, what if I am not able to open my bakery right out of school because of the economy or some other reason and I would need to get a job. Well the CIA has over 300 companies that recruit right off campus, even while you are still a student; the average student has about 3 job offers come graduation. So I decided to go to CIA, its more expensive, and its defianetly not right down the street but we only get one chance at this and we need to make sure we are covering our butts! Things don't always work out as we plan. As far as if you should go to culinary school or get a degree in business I would say that you should do what you love.



Good Luck!

JesBaking School?
CIA is a good school. ou should also be considering the Baking and Pastry Arts degree at the College of Culinary Arts at Johnson %26amp; Wales University. Check them out online....

No comments:

Post a Comment