Sunday, November 14, 2010

Calling All Pastry Chefs or Bakers!!?

I love to make desserts, candy, and anything edible basically. I really want to get a 4 year degree in baking/pastry arts and management from the CIA. Could you please give me a ';day in the life of...';?



-when do you go to work?

-where do you work?

-what do you do?

-what do you love about your job?

-and what do you hate about your job?

-how much $$ do you bring home?





AND ... this is my passion. my dream. My life's dream is to open a bakery and/or appear on Food Network. But I'm worried about the money. Will it be enough to support myself and future family (with the help of a husband's salary)? Or should I give it up, go to school for nursing or teaching that I'm not so interested in, and just bake for fun?Calling All Pastry Chefs or Bakers!!?
I'm not in the industry so I can't help too much but I have some culinary school under my belt.The CIA is a pretty pricey school but is very good, its the ivy league of culinary schools. If your still in high school try to look for local competitions that would give scholar ships. Income wise it would depend where you are, I know some nyc restaurants use outside patisseries for there desserts so the more restaurants you work with the better the pay off. I hope somebody can help point you in the right direction and best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment