Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My chances of getting into Wellesley college?

9th grade course list

English 1honors

algebra 2honors

biology honors

world history honors

Latin 1

foods

gym/health



10th grade (my current year )

pre calculus honors

English 2 honors

civics honors

chemistry honors

Latin 2

drawing

gym/study hall



11th grade

English 3 honors

calculus ab AP

us history AP

physics honors

Latin 3

PC tech1 %26amp; 2 (learning the ins and outs of computers, how to fix and assemble/deassemble one, etc)



12th grade

English 4 AP (the only AP English offered)

calculus BC AP

AP physics

internship/career planning seminar(interning one day of the week and building resum茅s)

AP stats

don't know yet for electives



my current gpa as a sophomore is 3.95 (updates are coming soon, we just had midterms) and my last checked rank was 13 out of 299 I think.

i want to go to Wellesley to double major in computer engineering and computer sciece .



do you think I have a good chance of getting in ? what other courses should I take if I want to be a ccomputer engineer ? what is the job like/outlook and salary etc for a computer engineer? also for a cryptologist? thanks to all who help ! I am still undecided on a career , but I'm very interested in double majoring in computer engineering and computer science. I have a love/hate relationship with math , maybe because of how my teachers teach it ? in my sophomore year of college I am going to apply for an internship with the CIA. they place you based on your major (ie a computer engineering major would help build computer things and machines) an they guarantee you a job for the next two years I think.

I don't have many extra curriculars- VP of GSA in sophomore year, i will be running varsity track and field indoor and outdoor all four years, and the next two years (junior and senior years) I will be captain. I'm unsure if Wellesley has a track team. I checked their website and I saw cross country, but a track schedule. I am currently VP of the new china club at my school, we have pen pals in china, a sister school, and we learn about their culture. I have three number one choices for college(weird I know) they are MIT, Wellesley, and Boston University. I know Wellesley has that program where students can take classes at MIT, I just forgot the name of it. I think Wellesley will be a good school for me because it is all women and it would empower me as a female, and there won't be the distraction of males. what are my chances for each school, preferrably Wellesley?My chances of getting into Wellesley college?
I like your chances for Wellesley. I do hope they offer dual degrees with MIT, because you'll need that to complete your engineering degree.



Another school you may want to look at is Smith. They're a great women's college, fabulous location, and they are the only women's college that offers engineering majors without requiring you to do a dual degree with another school.My chances of getting into Wellesley college?
I know Wellesley well, and I think your chances there are very good, except that you haven't told us anything about your test scores. I'd say you have a good shot at BU, too, and maybe MIT, but again, your test scores could matter.



Yes, Wellesley has a cross-registration program with MIT and some other schools. This means, of course, that if you don't get into MIT but do get into Wellesley (or vice-versa), you can take courses there.



I am not an engineer and can't really help you out on the career issues and outlook. Assessing your chances of admission to the schools in which you're interested is the best I can do.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment