Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Does this story idea sound interesting, any suggestions or comments?

While thinking of an idea for a story, I remembered a idea I created about one or two years ago. I'd taken my dreams and written them down in a notebook, which then I'd try to develop them into sort-of-plots. Most of my dreams were just blah and were'nt very original, or I had forgotten most of them and only knew vague parts. The ones I did remember - well, most of them - were total duds. However, there was this one idea, that had stemmed from a dream, that I've sort of tinkered with and decided I might as well consider writing it out.

So, the man character will be a girl - thirteen - who develops the ability to Phase. This starts on the night of her thirteenth birthday, and it gets stronger as time goes on. She tries to keep this a secret, being as that she thinks she's going crazy, has doubts, and so on, but eventually she fades in front of her father/mother (not sure yet). She's thinking that she's having another 'episode', but then her father/mother reveals that well, he saw it too, and that she's not crazy, just developing special abilities.

Anyway, these people with 'special abilities' are what the people think are 'superheros' - superman, batman, the green lantern, those sort of heros. The inherited gene - or some genetical misshap or mutation - will cause these 'special abilities' to occur. I'm not sure what would originally cause this. Radiation, a expiremintal drug, maybe some science expirement gone wrong, I'll figure it out later.

Anyways, I do know this parent will have been some minor 'superhero'. Not Superman (Which was my first idea) or someone very well known. One with small powers.

I'm thinking there will be a special school for 'gifted' children. One that would be every day after school and train their 'powers' and such. You know, prepare them for a normal life and keeping their powers controled, while 'fighting crime' or helping the world in their own way sort of as a part-time job.

I do know that she'll go to the school, and that she'll either face a new enemy, some other enemy of her father's or such, or something else, such as an orginization, some world disaster, or maybe some other threat to the people or whatever.



1. Does it seem over-used, or sort of cliche? If so, what did?

2. What do you like or not like about it?

3. Any other suggestions to improve/ continue it?

4. Do you think I should change it to being a school/boarding school (maybe) that ends later then normal, and supplies them with normal studies as well as the abnormal?





Also, I had an idea of change while writing the plot/idea. How about that the 'school' sends out the older, more trained students sort of as spies? Like, to bring stuff, get information, or do something that the perosn's special abilities help them perform the task much more easily or that only they can do it? And they could be in legue with the CIA. Heck, then I would have to cross-out that whole 'offspring of superheros' thing. It would just have to be a genetic mutation.. or, I have another few ideas... Anyways, do you like it, or what?



Thanks in advance for answering my questions!~*Does this story idea sound interesting, any suggestions or comments?
It seems cliche.



Sounds similar to Harry Potter....

I know, it sucks when others get the idea first :sDoes this story idea sound interesting, any suggestions or comments?
Actually, it sounds like the Disney movie ';Sky High'; so I would consider revising your plot a tad bit.

Here's what I would do: the main character gets her power and all that, parents find out and are okay with it, the girl meets some other kids with powers too, then they all get captured by the government.

I've always liked the idea of a story about the government capturing something supernatural or paranormal - and I know I'm not really supposed to just give you plot ideas, but if you do decide to go with this I'd love to read it.
1: It does seem over-used a bit, as it's actually a written roleplay subject, but it's a slightly different take on it, which make make all the difference.

2: I like how you're handling it realistically, as in, she thinks she's going crazy.

3: You could possibly change the year to make the year of change more unique?

4: I don't favor that idea too well, but it's just an opinion.
The general idea has been used before but yall you need to do is tweak it a bit so its your own.

I actually liked the idea and think you should continue on wih it. Maybe not the school though...

I think the main character should face the fathers old enemy, that struck me as a reall interesting idea.



Another thing you can think about to make it your own is maybe there is no such thing as superman, batman etc but YOUR own supertheros that you have made up..







can any one please help with mine? (story related)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment